The healthcare providers at Advance Pain Management will work closely with each patient to create apersonalized treatment plan that accounts for the patient’s unique needs, background, and lifestyle. Rather than juggling several different providers to manage medication, surgery, physical therapy, and other treatments, patients will be able to turn to us for BACK TO LIFE PROGRAM.
Some of the services provided through APM will include:
Medication assessment and optimization: We will carefully evaluate the patient’s current medications, and will make any changes necessary to optimize the patient’s pharmacotherapy. Our providers will listen to your experiences with medications and can prescribe the newest innovations in pain drug therapy. Our healthcare providers will discuss your fears regarding dosages of medications and will assist you in understanding how to safely take pain medications to avoid side effects and other complications.
Interventional pain procedures: Our healthcare providers will offer a number of nonsurgical and/or surgical procedures intended to alleviate acute and chronic pain. These procedures will include:
- Facet joint injections (cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral)
- Radiofrequency procedure: innovative approach to partially damaging a pain-causing nerve with a heated needle in order to provide longer periods of pain relief
- Epidural injections (cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral)
- Injections into muscles and joints (shoulder, wrist, hips, knee, etc.)
- Discography: procedure designed to differentiate pain caused by a disc or another etiology
- Intrathecal pain pump: a highly effective procedure in which a pain medication delivery system is implanted to deliver pain medications to the spinal fluid. This treatment allows patients to take 300 times LESS pain medication and reduces side effects.
- Spinal cord stimulators: a popular technological advance that allows the patient to safely and easily control pain through gentle vibration at the spinal level
Behavioral pain modification: We will work with patients to isolate and correct emotional, environmental, and lifestyle factors ? including exercise, sleep, mood, and diet ? that may be negatively affecting the patients’ pain state. Everyday habits like these can have an enormous impact on pain, and our healthcare providers will strive to educate patients about how best to manage their pain through small changes to their daily routines.
Functional restoration through physical therapy: Qualified physical therapists will work with patients to improve flexibility, strength, posture, and other important factors influencing pain. Physical therapy is capable of positively impacting a variety of health conditions, and is essential for patients recovering from injuries, accidents, or surgical procedures.